Heat Up and Cool Down!
Eating chilies will keep you cool. It’s the reason they are so popular in hot countries. Because as the sweat evaporates… the body cools down.
I purchased the Charbroil Chili Roaster a few weeks ago and I recommend it to anyone who loves stuffed jalapeños!
Following is an EASY recipe for
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños Stuffed with Marscapone, Coriander & Roasted Garlic.
1 roasted head of garlic, cloves smashed
(if you don’t want to spend the time to make roasted garlic, you can purchase in produce section)
6 medium Jalapeños, tops cut off and de-seeded
1/2 cup Marscapone cheese (sweeter than regular cream cheese)
Handful of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Salt & Pepper
6 slices of bacon
6 Toothpicks (soaked in water)
Charbroil Chili Pepper Roaster
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or get that BBQ going!)
- Place the Jalapeño upright in the roaster.
- Place roaster onto a baking sheet to catch dripping (for oven only).
- Mix the marscapone cheese, roasted garlic cloves, coriander & seasoning in a bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a ziplock bag.
- Snip off a small corner of the bag and pipe cheese into each jalapeño.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around jalapeño and secure with the wet toothpick.
- Cook in oven (or BBQ) until bacon is browned to your liking!